Rockford-The city has released the following guidelines for trick-or-treating on Halloween night.
- Trick-or-Treat hours in the City of Rockford will be on Wednesday, October 31, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Outside lights should be left on for everyone's safety.
- Motorists should use caution during the evening of October 31st. It can be very difficult to see small or costumed children, especially after dark so please drive slowly and carefully.
- Caution should be used when carving pumpkins so don't leave children unsupervised with knives. And please remember that open flames can be dangerous indoors or outdoors anywhere near where people will be walking.
- Trick or Treaters are urged to wear light colored clothing or reflective tape to be more visible. Costumes that are non-flammable, easy to walk in, and with unobstructed vision (large eye openings) are advised. Parents or other adults are urged to accompany children if at all possible.
- Flashlights help a great deal with safety and visibility.
- Consider getting together with friends or neighbors to host a Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- Many other Halloween events will be publicized by our local media.